Welcome to the HRASM Website!
The Mission of the Human Resources Association of Southern Maine, an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management, is to serve the membership while advancing the profession; providing educational resources, best practices, personal and professional development, community involvement and networking.
Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local point of contact for networking, information, and professional development. We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We look forward to your involvement and appreciate your suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
Interested in becoming a board member? we are currently accepting applications for someone to join our membership team, see description below.
- Set goals to effectively increase Chapter membership and manage annual membership drive
- Obtain quarterly lists of at-large members (SHRM members who are not members of any chapter) in our area through the online request form. Source those lists to invite at-large members to your chapter events
- Update and maintain supplies of membership materials
- Greet all guests at monthly Chapter meetings
- Ensure each new member is personally welcomed by the board and introduced at Chapter meetings; create and distribute welcome packets to new members
- Obtain monthly lists of new members from MemberVue
- Keep an up-to-date roster of names and addresses of all chapter members for outreach
- Respond to requests for information about membership through telephone calls, personal contacts, and correspondence.
- Remain in contact with members on status of membership
- Coordinate prospective member events, including HR Thursdays and Oxford Hills programming
- Participate in monthly Board meeting providing advice, support and general knowledge
- Support fellow Board members with set up and tearing down before and after events
What’s the first step? Download a Board Member Application .HRASM Board Application
There are currently no vacancies.
News from SHRM National
- Stop the Presses: California’s Freelance Journalists Await the Pinch of AB 5
- Employers Double Down on Financial Wellness, but Approaches Differ
- House Passes Bill to Curb Workplace Violence in Health Care and Social Services
- DOL Speeds Up Plans to Seek Comments on Improving the FMLA
- For Family-Run Businesses, Here’s The Key to Competitive Recruiting