Welcome to the HRASM Website!
The Mission of the Human Resources Association of Southern Maine, an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management, is to serve the membership while advancing the profession; providing educational resources, best practices, personal and professional development, community involvement and networking.
Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local point of contact for networking, information, and professional development. We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We look forward to your involvement and appreciate your suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
May 11-15, 2020 | Samoset Resort | Rockport, ME
Core Programming Days – May 12-15
Join us for one day, two days, three days, or ALL FOUR CORE PROGRAMMING DAYS!
Bringing Back Specialty Programs for Your Colleagues:
HR Basic Training,
2-Day Program for Beginners – May 11-12
1-Day Program for Front-Line Managers & Supervisors – May 15
LOCAL CHAPTER & SHRM MEMBERS ENJOY A MEMBER DISCOUNT!
The Annual Maine HR Convention has become the talk of the HR nation.
Join your HR peers from across Maine in May at the beautiful Samoset Resort, May 11-15, 2020 as the Convention celebrates 25 Years. The Convention consistently offers the best keynoters from around the country, creates imaginative, participatory training workshops, awards a boatload of recertification HR credits, and generates an atmosphere where HR careers and Maine workplaces thrive. This doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s the result of a great collaboration between your host Strategic HR U.S., SHRM. and Maine’s SHRM State Council and the eight affiliated HR chapters. Add the energy of 950+ participants, a boat-load of recertification credits, and a showcase of Business Partner resources, and you have a very good reason to join us at the 2020 Maine HR Convention.
ATTEND ONE DAY, TWO DAYS, THREE DAYS OR ALL FOUR CORE PROGRAMMING DAYS!
Visit MaineHRConvention.com to view the 2020 Attendee rates and plan your time with us at the Samoset in May.
Join the Convention e-updates by emailing email@example.com
Interested in becoming a board member? we are currently accepting applications for someone to join our membership team, see description below.
- Set goals to effectively increase Chapter membership and manage annual membership drive
- Obtain quarterly lists of at-large members (SHRM members who are not members of any chapter) in our area through the online request form. Source those lists to invite at-large members to your chapter events
- Update and maintain supplies of membership materials
- Greet all guests at monthly Chapter meetings
- Ensure each new member is personally welcomed by the board and introduced at Chapter meetings; create and distribute welcome packets to new members
- Obtain monthly lists of new members from MemberVue
- Keep an up-to-date roster of names and addresses of all chapter members for outreach
- Respond to requests for information about membership through telephone calls, personal contacts, and correspondence.
- Remain in contact with members on status of membership
- Coordinate prospective member events, including HR Thursdays and Oxford Hills programming
- Participate in monthly Board meeting providing advice, support and general knowledge
- Support fellow Board members with set up and tearing down before and after events
What’s the first step? Download a Board Member Application .HRASM Board Application