Welcome to the HRASM Website!
The Mission of the Human Resources Association of Southern Maine, an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management, is to serve the membership while advancing the profession; providing educational resources, best practices, personal and professional development, community involvement and networking.
Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local point of contact for networking, information, and professional development. We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We look forward to your involvement and appreciate your suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
May 11-15, 2020 | Samoset Resort | Rockport, ME
Core Programming Days – May 12-15
Join us for one day, two days, three days, or ALL FOUR CORE PROGRAMMING DAYS!
Bringing Back Specialty Programs for Your Colleagues:
HR Basic Training,
2-Day Program for Beginners – May 11-12
1-Day Program for Front-Line Managers & Supervisors – May 15
LOCAL CHAPTER & SHRM MEMBERS ENJOY A MEMBER DISCOUNT!
The Annual Maine HR Convention has become the talk of the HR nation.
Join your HR peers from across Maine in May at the beautiful Samoset Resort, May 11-15, 2020 as the Convention celebrates 25 Years. The Convention consistently offers the best keynoters from around the country, creates imaginative, participatory training workshops, awards a boatload of recertification HR credits, and generates an atmosphere where HR careers and Maine workplaces thrive. This doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s the result of a great collaboration between your host Strategic HR U.S., SHRM. and Maine’s SHRM State Council and the eight affiliated HR chapters. Add the energy of 950+ participants, a boat-load of recertification credits, and a showcase of Business Partner resources, and you have a very good reason to join us at the 2020 Maine HR Convention.
ATTEND ONE DAY, TWO DAYS, THREE DAYS OR ALL FOUR CORE PROGRAMMING DAYS!
Visit MaineHRConvention.com to view the 2020 Attendee rates and plan your time with us at the Samoset in May.
Join the Convention e-updates by emailing email@example.com
What is Best Places to Work in Maine? Best Places to Work in Maine is a survey competition to determine which participants are the best employers. The process is managed by Best Companies Group and winners are published in Mainebiz and celebrated at an awards event.
What is Best Companies Group (BCG)? Best Companies Group is an independent research firm specializing in identifying and recognizing great places to work. BCG manages programs worldwide, including the US, Canada and the UK.
Why participate? By participating you can find out if you are one of the state’s best employers! It can also result in significant organizational benefits for entrants:
1) Heightened Company Pride: If your company appears on the list, it could improve employee morale and retention.
2) Public Relations and Marketing Advantage: Companies can use the distinction to enhance recruiting efforts, increase the value of general marketing and improve reputations.
3) The Employee Feedback Report: Companies can pay as little as $715 to participate! They will also receive their Employee Feedback Report detailing employee responses along with Maine employee and employer benchmark reports.
News from SHRM National
- Employers Still Hiring During Coronavirus Pandemic
- DOL Issues Guidance on FFCRA’s Paid Parental Leave Requirements
- Former California Highway Patrol Officer Can Sue for Sexual-Orientation Bias
- Employees’ Promise Not to Compete with Current Employer Is Enforceable
- How the Coronavirus Is Affecting the Census