Human Resources Generalist
Waban is hiring for an HR Generalist to join their team in Sanford, ME. Waban is an organization in Southern Maine with a history of providing exemplary services to children and adults with disabilities for over 50 years.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing a comprehensive spectrum of HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management to support agency objectives.
The HR Generalist will report to the HR Director.
• Supporting payroll processing through ADP and HRIS Administration.
• Overseeing benefits administration and regulatory reporting.
• Administration of the employee wellness program.
• Managing various employee relations and performance management functions of the department.
• Managing leave administration including FMLA, STD, and personal leaves.
• Completing workers compensation administration and OSHA reporting.
• Supporting the HR Director and Recruiter on recruiting and staffing.
• Developing company wide policies and assisting with implementation of these policies.
• Conducting employee training sessions.
• Projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Advanced HRIS system skills (experience with ADP/ADP Workforce Now preferred)
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local legislative, regulatory and judicial requirements applicable to the area of Human Resources Management.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated process improvement ability
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong customer service mindset and skills
• Strong additional computer skills, including Excel and Word
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Human Resources position. Previous non-profit experience required (either as an HR professional, serving on a non-profit board or other ancillary experience) .
• PHR or related professional certification preferred
Competitive salary based on candidate qualifications and experience with top benefits package as part of a comprehensive Employee Value Proposition.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org