Human Resources Director
SHP Management is seeking a Human Resources Director to lead the HR function for the organization. The position will be based in the Cumberland, ME office.
SHP Management is a recognized leader in the affordable multi-family housing industry. SHP manages in excess of 11,000 units of affordable housing, primarily in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. SHP is committed to the philosophy of “building strong, sustainable communities for residents and owners”. In order to do that, we need the best employees, working in a healthy supportive environment where they can excel. Our competitive benefits and total rewards package help us meet these goals.
The Human Resources Director supervises all HR activities including establishing personnel policies, recruiting, payroll, benefits, legal compliance, safety and administration. The Human Resources Director reports to the President, VP and Controller.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review recruitment ads.
- Review resume responses and refer qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Process the background checks and review results for candidates considered for hire.
- Prepare offer letters for candidates that are being hired and verify completion of new hire paperwork.
- Enter all new hire paperwork and employee maintenance into the system.
- Review exceptions in the ADP Portal for bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepare and review all payroll reports and audit results for accuracy.
- Manage the vacation, sick and personal accruals for time off program.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensure that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Manage various employee benefit programs, including group insurance, life, medical, dental, accident and disability insurance, pensions, and investments.
- Implement new benefit programs as needed; arrange and manage employee presentations and enrollments.
- Verify the calculation of monthly premium statements.
- Manage annual 401K audit process.
- Monitor company policies to ensure compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Manage workers’ compensation program.
- Comply with state and federal employment regulations and apprise managers of their responsibility under the regulations.
- Recommend appropriate changes in procedures to promote greater efficiency, cost savings, or other benefits.
Administration of HR:
- Manage and review the performance review program.
- Conduct appropriate salary surveys and research market increases for management.
- Provide research for projects as requested.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual company retreat.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 5-7 years of human resources experience
- Thorough knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
SHP Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.