Human Resources Generalist
Schlotterbeck & Foss
Do you enjoy manufacturing, take pride in your work, and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Schlotterbeck & Foss in southern Maine is growing and has an immediate need for an experienced Human Resources Generalist.
The HR Generalist plays an integral part in the company by supporting the workforce and management team, and carrying out all functions of the day to day operations of the human resources department. The position assists with the implementation of policies and processes in employee relations, recruitment, training and development, retention, benefits administration, payroll, state and federal compliance, and safety.
- Maintains all employee records in HRIS system and personnel files.
- Administers employee benefit programs and educates employees on aspects of the Company benefit programs.
- Responds to employee relations matters such as employee complaints and harassment allegations in conjunction with the COO. Assists managers and supervisors in drafting disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Manages workers compensation claims and provides guidance to managers regarding the work of restricted employees.
- Onboards new employees.
- Conducts orientation and facilitates professional development / training for employees and managers.
- Actively participates in safety committee meetings.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition and wellness programs.
- Assists in employee event coordination and building company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field and/or 4-6 years of experience in a Human Resources capacity; PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with diverse workforce desired.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Apply now for a call to determine if we’re a good match. Every application is personally reviewed and taken seriously.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.