Website Piper Shores
Vibrant Retirement Community in Coastal Scarborough
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties to ensure a positive employee experience at Piper Shores. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, new hires/onboarding, and payroll/benefits administration.
Piper Shores is a vibrant retirement living lifestyle that enriches residents by providing continuum of the highest quality of care and service. Incumbent will work to help meet the mission and will adhere to the organizational values in all interactions with residents, customers, fellow employees, and other stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for ensuring recruitment ads are listed and up to date as directed by the Human Resources Director. This includes both internal as well as external postings.
- Responsible for working with department heads to determine need for external advertisement beyond internet placement.
- Is the HR point of contact for employment inquires and provides timely communication with candidates. Provides weekly updates of open positions to Leadership Team.
- Works with department heads to schedule interviews, as requested.
New Hires and Onboarding:
- Oversees general orientation including all aspects of scheduling for participants and presenters, room and food logistics, packet preparation, and related matters. Presents HR portion of orientation.
- Responsible for ensuring that milestone check-in meetings with new hires and managers (30-60-90 day) are scheduled and completed.
- Prepares new hire paperwork and creates personnel file for new employees.
- Completes criminal background checks for all potential employees and completes reference checks as requested.
Payroll and Benefits:
- Prepares and distributes insurance packets to new and newly eligible employees – ensures receipt and processing of completed enrollment paperwork.
- Initiates health and dental insurance enrollments, changes, and deletions and notifies insurance broker of changes and/or additions.
- Files payroll, compensation, and benefit paperwork.
- Oversees select functions of the organization’s wellness program including reimbursement notifications and processing; maintains fitness center enrollment tracking.
Other Essential Job Duties:
- Provides outstanding customer service to all who are greeted at the Human Resources office and builds positive relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Maintains employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Ensures compliance with labor regulations/keeps abreast of employment law changes and trends.
- Processes employee terminations.
- Responsible for overseeing awards and recognition initiatives; prepares monthly service awards and posts anniversary announcements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in an HR concentration or an Associate’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an HR concentration.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Experience with HRIS or other database software.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to respond to time sensitive requests and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent customer service skills, including affinity for working with diverse populations, especially seniors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org