Human Resources Manager
Website ON Semiconductor
ON Semiconductor is seeking a Human Resources Manager to provide site HR support/leadership to our manufacturing and business units in our South Portland, Maine facility. In this position you will work closely with site leadership to ensure HR programs and services support and drive business objectives.
We are seeking someone with a solid HR business partner background to engage in all aspects of human resources. The selected individual will be able to build strong internal business partnerships, provide coaching to develop others, challenge the status quo and offer creative solutions to business issues.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Driving HR programs and initiatives for the South Portland site aligned with the company,
- Human Resources and site strategic goals and objectives.
- Partnering with leadership to ensure effective programs to support business objectives. This includes advising company and department management in personnel policy and program matters, and making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with strategic direction.
- Staying connected to the business by participating in relevant staff and business meetings. Staying connected with the needs of the employee population by being visible and regularly interacting with all personnel.
- Continuous evaluation of systems and processes, leading to the recommendation of new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed at the site level.
- Driving the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Resolution of issues received by management and employees; providing immediate attention to sensitive issues, and pro-active training on employee grievance issues.
- Being held accountable for the creation and implementation of the company’s workforce development program, including performance management components.
- Direct management of employee relations issues, which may lead to driving investigations where legal risk is high.
- Acting as the point of contact for business leaders with global accountability.
- Partnering with regional HR business partners to support the needs of the business.
- Direct or indirect management of other HR staff.
- Selection, development, and evaluation of all potential new hires, and current hourly and non-exempt personnel.
- Providing leadership to ensure compliance of all country, state and local regulations on employee related issues.
- Participation in audits and driving resolutions to subsequent findings; creating proactive measures to address issues identified within audits.
- Driving communication between Human Resources and the various business groups.
- Any other HR duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Formal Education required:
- Minimum of a 4 year degree with a preferred focus in Human Resources Management required.
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred.
- SPHR/PHR Certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years acting in a HR Business Partner capacity, with progressively responsible experience in all disciplines of HR Management.
- Experience in a Human Resources Managerial role.
- Experience working in a high activity manufacturing, or similar, environment strongly preferred
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to use logic and methods to analyze, diagnose, and solve problems.
- A relationship focus, with the ability to establish strong relationships in order to become known as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, local and non-local HR team members and employees across the organization.
- Ability to connect and understand the workforce and help leaders understand their unique needs.
- Flexibility to adjust and change as the facts of a situation unfold. Able to work through issues in a diplomatic way.
- Demonstrated history of positioning self as a trusted advisor, with ability to drive to solutions which benefit individuals and the organization.
- Easily anticipates human reaction across a variety of situations. Is able to effectively judge talent and articulate the strengths and limitations of people within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a quick moving and change oriented environment.
- Highly motivated and independent drive to excel and accomplish results. Doesn’t allow obstacles to stop progress.
- Strong learning orientation. Seeks to first understand before acting. Leverages all resources and is creative in ways of learning.
- Ability to effectively operate within a matrix organization and work to influence and support resources not directly reporting to the position.
- Creative in finding ways to obtain information and “be in the know.” Able to effectively communicate change and initiatives with the business groups, focusing not only on the “what” but the “why.”
- Able to effectively work with non-local resources and establish solid relationships using unconventional methods and techniques.
- High energy level and genuine passion for the work.
- Mid to expert level competency in Microsoft Office products, with a heavy focus on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Desire to learn and understand the semiconductor manufacturing business strongly preferred.
- Oracle HRIS experience a plus.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
To apply for this job please visit onsemi.taleo.net.