Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of Human Resources department in the areas of employment, employee relations, payroll, benefits, training, and general human resources servicing while providing a high and proficient level of customer service to our internal and external customers. This is a full-time office-based position in Portland, Maine.
• Process payroll action forms and ensures proper approvals before entering the data in the appropriate systems. Upon completion, completes the filing (paper & automated) to maintain all documentation of change.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, policies, practices and documentation.
• Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
• Provide administrative support to HR Department to include but not limited to recruitment, payroll, benefits, and training.
• Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and celebrations.
• Assist with switchboard coverage.
• Assist with employee safety and wellness which include ergonomic evaluations and filing First Report of Injury.
• Process invoices in accurate, complete, and timely manner.
• Assist with department projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• A minimum of one year of human resources or administrative experience required.
• Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
• Provide secure and confidential customer services at the highest level for our employees, and internal and external business partners.
• Organize and prioritize assigned work, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks, while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient expertise of Microsoft Office Suite and related software applications.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Communicate in a professional, respectful, concise, and accurate manner both verbally and in writing.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
• Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
• Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
• Short-term & Long-term Disability
• Health Savings Account with potential employer match
• Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
• Accident Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
• 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
• Flextime schedules
• Paid Parental Leave
• Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
• Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
• One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
• On-site fitness center (Maine & Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
• Subsidized parking
• Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.