Website Martin's Point Health Care
Innovative not-for-profit health care organization
Join Martin’s Point Health Care – an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of “people caring for people,” Martin’s Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin’s Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values – taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun – are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin’s Point has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” since 2015.
This position is responsible for both the strategic oversight and administration of the organization’s compensation programs. In consultation with department leaders and HR Business Partners, the incumbent will ensure competitive pay practices, internal pay equity, and alignment of compensation across the organization. This includes evaluating, analyzing and tracking salary data; monitoring and ensuring accuracy of job descriptions; and providing regular data analysis and reporting to leadership.
- Designs, administers and evaluates provider and staff compensation programs in alignment with the MPHC compensation philosophy and pay practices.
- Facilitates and informs SLT discussions and decision making around strategic compensation program changes.
- Acts as project lead and administers the annual merit, performance appraisal, and market assessment programs, making recommendations and obtaining approvals for appropriate changes in these programs.
- Administers the annual Achievement Plan program including communications, goals and payment data.
- Conducts position analysis and evaluates MPHC positions against external market and/or internal positions to ensure appropriate salary grade placement, market alignment, and internal equity.
- Reviews and approves compensation change requests, ensuring adherence to salary administration guidelines.
- Works with the Recruiters and HR Business Partners to ensure new hire compensation is aligned with the market and internal pay equity.
- In collaboration with department leaders and HR Business Partners, maintains job descriptions and position profiles in our HRIS, and conducts compensation studies to ensure pay alignment and equity are maintained.
- Administers provider compensation plan including base pay adjustments, quarterly provider payouts and other incentive programs in accordance with MPHC compensation policies and pay practices.
- In collaboration with the Provider Recruiter, ensures provider contracts and compensation summaries are accurate, updated as needed, and stored within the HRIS.
- Develops and delivers compensation program training and reports for the annual merit and performance appraisal process, as part of new provider and staff orientation, and as needed based on organizational needs.
- Establishes and maintains compensation policies, procedures and documentation.
- Manages relationships with external compensation vendors and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, experience level or training.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation administration and analysis or equivalent experience within the HR field with a focus in compensation.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Sound judgment in compensation evaluation to ensure pay equity and market competitiveness.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Self starter; team player.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; manage complex data designs.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel is required; Microsoft Access experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit martin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.