Benefits Account Manager
Website Lockton Companies
Benefits Account Manager for Lockton Companies in Portland, Maine
Below is a description of the position, but please email Amy Deschaines at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
The person in this position will be the primary service contact for an assigned book of business and develop a strong working relationship with both the clients and carriers.
- Responsible for implementing new client launches including carrier involvement, communications campaign, employee correspondence, implementing and adhering to a project timeline, communicating program specific to client and information exchange(file transfers, enrollment systems, etc).
- Responsible for routine service, which includes the development and execution of service schedule, participation reporting (if relevant), and coordinating questions/initiatives with the client and carriers, conducts surveys
- Meets with clients alone or in conjunction with Account Executive or Unit Leader according to standardized client meeting schedules.
- Conducts all marketing efforts as assigned by unit.
- Reviews agreements and/or documents such as employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.
- Responsible for explaining new benefit offerings and communication strategies to existing clients.
- Develops prospective client proposals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry, specifically in the employee benefits area is required.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) or similar software applications.
- Demonstrated presentation skills including preparation and execution.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Good working knowledge of financial arrangements and products available to clients.
To apply for this job please visit lockton.referrals.selectminds.com.