Human Resources Manager
KMA Human Resource Consulting
A cannabis industry client is hiring a Human Resources Manager near Eliot, Maine to lead overall day-to-day operations of the human resources function and provide support to other members of the management team and executive leadership. The position is responsible for the implementation of policies and processes in employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, training and development, retention, state and federal compliance, safety, payroll. The Human Resources Manager will work 5 days per week traveling to multiple locations with some work from home offered as well.
· Maintain all employee and provider employment records. Retain records in accordance with state and federal document retention requirements. Ensure labor law postings are current and compliant with state and federal standards.
· Maintain and coordinate employee recognition, employee functions, and wellness programs.
· Work with the President to develop and implement competitive compensation and benefit packages and conduct analyses relative to the market.
· Administer employee benefit programs, OSHA compliance, FMLA, and educate employees on aspects of each of these programs.
· Post/advertise for open positions, perform screening and licensure checks of job applicants, coordinate and participate in interviews to match experience with job requirements, and conduct onboarding/orientation for new employees.
· Facilitate professional development / training for employees and managers and track and document as required (such as METRC and ServSafe).
· Register new hires card holder status to reflect they are working with company. Maintain records to ensure they are current and accurate. Ensure that all certifications and licenses are active/ renewed as needed.
· Respond to employee relations matters such as interpersonal conflicts, employee complaints and harassment allegations in conjunction with the management team and President.
· Ensure employee compliance with CMA policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Coordinate periodic performance appraisals of all employee by supervisory personnel.
· Oversee documentation and implementation of performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions in conjunction with managers/supervisors.
· Conduct exit interviews, analyze information, and make recommendations to management team for continuous improvement and development.
· Develop and execute Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
· Represent the company for any unemployment claims.
· Manage workers’ compensation claims and provide guidance to managers/supervisors regarding the work of restricted employees.
· Process payroll in an accurate and timely manner. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and process garnishments calculations to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Travel to multiple locations as needed. The expectation is that 50% of the week can be remote work while the other 50% of the week will be spent at multiple locations in Maine.
· Perform other work-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
· 5+ years of managerial or leadership experience in Human Resource Management.
· Experience with direct reports and leading a team as well as running a solo HR department
· Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and familiarity with HRIS.
· Prior experience with payroll processing is preferred.
· Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment and decision-making that is consistent with CMA standards and procedures.
· Startup experience preferred
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com