Human Resources Manager
Website Ransom Consulting
Are you an HR generalist who loves partnering with a team of professionals to develop and implement HR practices that will provide the foundation for your company’s success? Are you equally comfortable sitting with leaders and developing strategy and making sure that benefits enrollment is completed accurately and timely?
Ransom Consulting is hiring an HR Manager to join their 70-employee engineering and environmental consulting firm. With offices in New England and New Jersey, the HR Manager will ensure that the firm complies with laws in all states, and ensure a consistent culture and approach across the five offices. This is the sole HR resource for the company.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Recruiting: Lead the effort to attract qualified engineers to the Ransom staff in a highly competitive market. This will include developing creative ways to attract talent, convey the unique opportunities that Ransom offers, and develop partnerships with schools to ensure a robust talent pipeline.
Organizational Development and Culture: Work with leaders and employees to guide organizational growth and change, and ensure that HR practices and policies support the company culture.
Compensation and Benefits: Ensure that Ransom has a competitive compensation and benefits program to attract and retain employees. Partner with the Controller to evaluate options and recommendations. Ensure timely and accurate employee enrollment (new hires and terminations), administration of benefit and leave plans ensuring compliance with ACA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.
Performance Management Systems: Develop and implement effective performance management tools and practices to drive organizational performance and employee development. This includes employee orientation and onboarding, annual performance review process, and tools and support for performance feedback and coaching.
Employee Relations and Policy: Provide guidance to managers and employees in navigating issues and assistance to ensure compliance with laws and policies. Ensure that employee handbook is up to date and employees are educated about policies.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a human resources generalist role
- Experience working with a multi-state professional services firm preferred
- Certification (SHRM or HRCI) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State employment law in a multi-state business
- Experience administering benefits plans, including employee enrollment and compliance
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies and partnering with hiring managers to create an effective process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to determine appropriate method of communication.
- Knowledge of payroll (Paychex) and HRIS systems.
- Ability to travel occasionally to office locations throughout New England and New Jersey (e.g. 2x a quarter to each location)
Ransom Consulting is a multi-disciplinary practice whose 70+ employees provide environmental, civil, geotechnical and coastal modeling services throughout New England and New Jersey. Founded in 1988, Ransom’s success has been the result of “going above and beyond” for clients and by building trusting relationships that result in repeat business. Ransom offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team-oriented firm and the chance to collaborate with professionals to support their growth and success.
Ransom offers an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes:
Health and Dental insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 401k profit sharing; Flexible Spending Account; EAP; and numerous wellness programs and incentives to encourage employee fitness and health.
In addition, Ransom’s Portland office is located on the waterfront with easy access to all of Portland’s great amenities – restaurants, theater, hiking/biking trails, museums, boating, and much more!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com