Human Resources Manager
Basham & Scott, LLC
Human Resources Manager
Basham & Scott
Basham & Scott, LLC is seeking a Human Resources Manager, to be based in the Brunswick, ME office. The HR Manager will carry out day-to-day HR responsibilities including hiring, onboarding, policy and procedure development, benefits, safety and wellness, and employee relations.
Requirements of the HR Manager position:
· A Bachelor’s degree and at least five years’ experience working as a Human Resources professional preferred.
· SHRM CP or SHRM SCP certification or equivalent highly desired.
· Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment-related laws and regulations.
· Sound understanding of benefit plans and benefits administration.
· Flexibility and ability to pivot as needed, to meet business priorities
· Technical abilities including proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Word, DocuSign and experience with HRIS/database.
· Ability to commute to Brunswick, ME Monday through Friday.
Benefits of the Job:
· Annual pay in the range of $50,000 to $60,000
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flexible schedule
· Convenient location beside the Androscoggin River with easy access to highway.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager:
· Maintaining compliance with employee documentation and employment records in adherence of federal and state laws and regulations.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Employee relations, coaching, supporting and advising employees at all levels.
· Benefits administration and related reporting and compliance.
· Development and implementation of initiatives that reflect organizational needs and trends and support employee health and wellbeing.
· Review and update HR policies and processes and ongoing evaluation of employee handbook.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and innovative technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Delivery of consistently superior customer service to staff and leadership.
Basham & Scott is a Maine based law firm, with offices in Texas, focused on subrogation, vehicle damage claims and accounts receivable. The attorneys of Basham and Scott have more than 50 years of combined experience and represent individuals and businesses across the Unites States.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Basham & Scott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.