Human Resources Admin
Website YMCA of Southern Maine
YMCA of Southern Maine
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors. Each year, we serve over 30,000 people through child care, early childhood education, water safety, housing support, summer camp, and community outreach and health programs. As a nonprofit organization, our programs are accessible to all, regardless of one’s ability to pay.
The Human Resources Associate will work closely with the Chief Human Resource Officer to assist with daily administrative functions of the HR office including but not limited to processing payroll, managing the onboarding process, employee benefit enrollments and reconciling carrier statements, employee data entry and HRIS file maintenance.
- Create new and manage all personnel records for staff and volunteers in the HRIS to ensure compliance.
- Process all new hire and volunteer paperwork including offer letters, background checks, emailing required documents and follow up to ensure onboarding is completed.
- Prepares all paperwork for scheduled new employee and volunteer orientations, confirm booking of space at all branches and coordinate dates with the HR Generalist.
- Set and post orientation dates on the employee portal and keep current.
- Responsible for accurate and timely entries of all new hire and ongoing employee information and general maintenance in the HRIS.
- Assist Team Leaders with the training, management and use of HRIS software and keep updated on any changes or new additions with email notifications.
- Process background checks on volunteers and enter volunteer data into HRIS software.
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintain current records. Perform I-9 audit as needed.
- Complete employment verification requests or refer to The Work Number.
- Complete required compliance reports for state and federal including DOL and EEO-1 and 941.
- Provide customer service to all employees regarding payroll related questions solving problems and correcting errors. Processes all personnel transaction forms and enters into HRIS.
- Process employee benefit enrollments and update the HRIS with current information during renewal.
- Ensures confidentiality of all HR documents and personnel matters.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for the association ensuring accuracy.
- Assists or prepares correspondence and processes mail.
- Files or scans documents into the document cloud in HRIS.
- As directed by the Chief Human Resource Officer, prepares payroll reports, documents, audits, and other reports as needed.
- Meets association standard for attendance, punctuality and dependability.
- Attends departmental meetings and trainings.
- Adheres to all Y Brand guidelines and receives prior approval for use and creation of any Y related social media from the Advancement department.
- Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign in and outside of the Y and identifying prospective donors and/or volunteers.
- Other duties as required.
- Certificate in Human Resources preferred.
- Associates degree or 1-2 of years of experience in Payroll processing, Human Resources or related field required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees and members.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work with frequent interruption and maintain focus in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and manage frequent change.
- Superb organizational skills, be process oriented and maintain attention to detail.
- Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
- Good decision making skills and ability to hold individuals accountable on policies and procedures.
- Ability to take initiative, be resourceful and problem solve.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel locally.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=87e9392c-ee3c-409a-aa6d-3846fcb71839&jobId=263961&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 →