Human Resources Coordinator
Website Baker Newman Noyes
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity in a professional atmosphere with incredible talent, exciting potential and a commitment to our values, then Baker Newman Noyes is the place for you. We are a regional firm with New England roots and a global reach. We are looking for a person who will honor the department commitments, conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty and trust. We celebrate teamwork by encouraging diversity of thought, experiences and backgrounds. We encourage partnership and participation in all our endeavors. We have a passion for our work and are committed to understanding our people, our business, anticipating the needs and exceeding expectations.
Baker Newman Noyes (BNN), an approximately 250-person accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Portland, ME; and with offices in New Hampshire and Massachusetts; is seeking an Human Resources Coordinator based in Portland, Maine. This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources.
In support of the HR team, the position will participate in department goals and objectives by providing support and serving as a versatile contributor in all related HR functions of recruiting, staffing, benefits, compensation, policy compliance, training, scheduling, and work place culture.
- Contribute to a positive image of BNN as a great place to work:
- Act as a liaison between employees and the HR team
- Provide continuous HR services in supporting first level employee issues. Address, support and resolve as necessary, escalating second level issues to HR Senior
- Social media posting and updates to BNN intranet in coordination with Marketing
- Prep New hire packets and send out onboarding materials to all new hires
- Arranging for new hire arrivals including first day schedule, and required video screening times
- Preparing Employee Recognition Certificates and tracking recognition
- Maintain accurate files:
- Maintain tracking systems to ensure compliance for all audits and licensure requirements
- Data entry for new hire paperwork; filing
- Running and distributing monthly reports
- I-9 maintenance, filling out unemployment forms
- Support the implementation of and expansion of system of record (Paylocity)
- Ability to handle sensitive information with extreme confidentiality
- Assisting with key HR activities:
- Benefit enrollment and employee meetings
- Tracking all HR supported programs and required notices
- Setting up and assigning login’s for training sites
- Support Recruiting efforts by working with the HR team throughout the recruitment process lifecycle, and providing support for posting jobs, interview scheduling and providing assistance for ATS to hiring managers.
- Surveys; various requests by all departments including HR
- Audits; internal
- Organizing and coordinating work groups to execute on events, training days, open houses, on campus events and Career & Culture Summit
- Associates degree or equivalent of 2 – 4 years of Human Resource work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proofreading abilities.
- Technically savvy with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, self-directed and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Occasional travel to other firm offices, with one day a week in Portsmouth.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to support events as required.
BNN strongly believes in maintaining a healthy balance between work and personal life. We support this through a variety of benefits, including:
- 20-30 days of vacation time
- 5 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- 6-week paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, Pet, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
For more information about please visit https://www.bnncpa.com
Baker Newman Noyes is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.